VW Digifant

Jens Knickmeyer knick at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Wed Aug 3 13:03:49 GMT 1994

Being new on this list, I would like to give a short introduction
of myself:

I am a 26 year old German student of computer science. My hobbies
are electrical engeneering and cars, especially VW-types. I work
at the mircoprocessor laboratory of my university and therefore
I have the chance to get information about Motorola microprocessors
and controllers.
Last, I would like to apologize my rather bad English.

So far for my person, now to the real things:
Since I drive a VW Polo-G40 I am interested in getting any
information about the EFI used in the Polo-G40 (BTW, the same
EFI is used in the Golf/Corrado/Passat G60!), the "VW Digifant"
which is based on the Bosch motronic (multipoint FI, using a
68HC11 microcontroller).

Especially, need answers for the following questions:

- There is a build-in self diagnostic system in the Digifant
  which uses only one wire to send and receive information.
  1. Which are the electrical characteristics of this interface?
  2. Is it the "ABUS"-interface developped by VW and Intel/Telefunken?
  3. What protocol is used?

- The Digifant stores injection/ignition data in a 27C512 EPROM chip.
  1. How are these data organized?
  2. How do I have to change EPROM data after tuning the mechanical
     G-compressor used in the G-40/G-60 ?

Thanks in advance,

      Jens.
                     \|/