Project update

John S Gwynne jsg
Thu Aug 4 02:02:25 GMT 1994

--------

   In message <9408032104.AA25518 at usgp1.ih.att.com> , you write:

| Regarding sampling rates and acceleration enrichment:
|
| Most sensors are sampled 10x/second on contemporary stock vehicles.  This

It would seem to me (and I have not measured this yet) that the period of
greatest MAP variation would be during starting. A period when the crank
rotation itself may not even be very smooth. I would guess, again without any
supporting data, that fuel metering is the most difficult to accomplish
during starting. 10x/sec would seem slow to me to track the variations.
Maybe not... hopefully by October I will have some data to share with the
group. The little 80C85 based laptop computer that I have been using will not
sample fast enough in basic without going to machine language to measure
this. I've decided to stay focused on finishing the 68HC000 and use that to
acquire preliminary engine data.

| On acceleration (and decel):

| during acceleration AND deceleration.  To the best of my knowledge, most of
| the work that you desire to do is done empirically.

I would not be surprised...

| SAE had a publication
| (1992) whose name escapes me right now which dealt with engine transducers and
| had some NEAT stuff on experimental adaptive engine controls.  If there's
| enough interest, I can dig it up.

Enough interest... are you joking? :)

| Cordially,
|
| Bohdan Bodnar