Ford EEC_IV control systems

DIRK BROER OADDAB at STDVAX.GSFC.NASA.GOV
Thu Aug 18 21:27:20 GMT 1994

>I'm starting to tinker with my EEC-IV system and wondered if anyone has
>done any in-depth mods to the computer. I've heard of a couple of
>bootleg computers that are floating around (modifications of EEC's out
>of wrecked cars) but haven't been able to substantiate this info. Does
>anyone have any leads?

Could you post some specifics - like what processor and what chips are on
the board.  I understand the ford system has the prom solder in place - and
maybe even potted.  Could a standoff be solder in its place?  Are we
talking surface mount or .100 lead spacing stuff? (I think they started
them in 1982ish - kinda early for surface mount no?

I can look up the chips myself.

The reason I'm interested is that the ford unit was always sequential fuel
injected - and got all its firing signal from the distributer.  Sounds like
a neat system if you want a quick / complete computer to test out
algorithms.

Dirk

PS. does anyone have any info on the LT1 computer (chevy corvette, new
firebird / camaro)  It is also a MAF sensor / sequential injection.