EEV-IV computer information

Sander Pool sander at veritas.com
Sat Aug 20 00:13:36 GMT 1994

> From: chu at musp0.jpl.nasa.gov (Eugene Chu)

> I remember an old note from the Mustangs list in which someone used the
> EEC-IV module from an automatic vehicle in a 5-speed.  I think the results
> were pretty poor; the car would not run very well at all.  I'll have to
> check my wiring diagram tonight to see if there is a sensor for the
> E4OD transmission.
>
> eyc

If the EEC-IV for Mustangs is anything like the one I have in my XR4Ti then
the EEC is the same for both manual and autom. The difference is in the
wiring harness that pulls one pin down for one of both (or forgot). This
tells the EEC with what kind of trans. it deals. On the Xr the auto has about
30 fewer horses than the 5sp. The torque curve is a bit different too.
Differences besides the one pin are the camshaft and initial timing which is
13 degs for 5sp and 10 for auto.
This leads me to think that I can swap EECs from one Xr to another
without modifying performance. This may be different for Mustangs
though.

	Sander