Injection of a siamesed(sp?) head

Don Gossink don at spri.levels.unisa.edu.au
Wed Aug 31 23:37:18 GMT 1994

Andrei,
	I happen to be one of those rare mini fanatics, I like most mini drivers
are always looking for that oddity or something to make the brick go faster.
Consequently I have looked at the problem of EFIying it.

Firstly Rover does do an EFI already for the A and B series motors! Yet it is a
single point injector. ie. it merely has one fuel release point, therfore
simply replacing the old S.U. carbie.

After many discussions with people all over the place, the best solution would
involve six injectors. Two Large ones and four smaller ones, this shouldn't
be to bad for a standard cpu to handle seeing most handle up to 8 injectors.

Anyway why 6?
Ill attempt to Draw how they should be placed

				Cylinder Head

Inlet Manifold               \ | /  \ | /
                             *\ /*  *\ /*
                               #      #

# - Large Injectors
* - smaller injectors.
Since this diagram is a bit rough the smaller injectors are lined up as best
as possible to with the cylinder they are to supply fuel to.
The arrangement should be that the larger ones a the back are used at low rpm so
that sufficient swirl is created, and hence more torque. Whilst the smaller
ones will take over at the mid rpm level and continue to the endpoint.

anyaway I think this answers your question!

Goodluck

Don