New Chip, Great Idea

Nate patriot at kaiwan.com
Wed Dec 7 09:58:44 GMT 1994

I got some information on a new chip, this is a great idea for those of
you who design stuff that uses a HC11 or 8051 and need more ports and
less board space used.

The chips are the "PSD" family. They contain Eprom, RAM, address decode
logic, ports and such. Most of the stuff you normaly have as seperate
chips. The chip has a window for erase of the Eprom.

They have many models, so you should ask for the information sheets they
have.

Oh, it connects directly to the micro, no "latch" chip needed!

looks like you call 800-TEAM-WSI    800-832-6974
in calif 800-562-6363

I guess you would ask for the PSD  programable MCU peripherals.

I don't know about the cost of these, but they say it saves money. They
always say that anyway.

The only thing I would like to see with them is the ability to make a
input flip a flip flop then toggle a output port in situations where I
would have to put some "glue" logic and could waste a port. It looks like
the chip won't allow that. It looks great as a port expander because it
also takes out the need for a Eprom socket and RAM.

Let me know what you think when you get the data.

This should make some of these "mini boards" a whole lot smaller!