Injector supply voltage & positioning.

Michael F. Sargent MSargent at gallium.com
Wed Dec 21 15:27:08 GMT 1994

>     Question.. What fuel pressure do you folks recomend running the
> injectors at. I heard that the Ford-type injectors, like the ones used
> on the Mustang V-8, run at about 40+psi. Is this true? That sounds like
> a real problem for the hobyst who would like to use Trak-Auto fuel line.
> I know that my Holley setup runs 15psi. That is a little more reasonable
> to work/play with.

The high pressure is used to ensure good fuel atomization at all engine
speeds. Most (if not all) EFI systems run more than 30 PSI fuel pressure.
Many use a rising rate pressure regulator to raise the fuel pressure as the
manifold pressure increases (vacuum drops). This provides the same pressure
differential across the injector. A few systems use a progressive fuel
regulator which increases the fuel pressure at a rate faster than the manifold
pressure increases. This provides more fuel flow at WOT, while still allowing
the use of smaller injectors for better idle fuel control.

If fuel line is your only consideration, spend $10 and get better fuel line.

Mike