Knock sensor - Kenne-Bell System

sdbartho at cca.rockwell.com sdbartho at cca.rockwell.com
Thu Jul 21 17:12:56 GMT 1994

>I would doubt (IMHO) that Kenne Bell is using anything as sophisticated
>as looking at resistance measurements to do individual cylinder knock
>control.

If KB had built the thing themselves, I would agree. It was built by
some outfit out west, Jones electronics? maybe.  It came out about
the same time as the Jacobs unit, which made me suspect that they
used similar technology.

>My guess is that they only "listen" to the knock sensor during a
>period a little before and a little after TDC on the firing stroke of each
>cylinder.

I thought about that. Could that work with a distributor ignition without
a cam or crank position sensor?

Dig
sdbartho at hwking.cca.rockwell.com