Boost detection

sdbartho at cca.rockwell.com sdbartho at cca.rockwell.com
Wed Jun 1 19:47:10 GMT 1994

I need a method to detect a certain level of boost on a '91 GMC Syclone.
(P4 ECM, Turbo 4.3L)

I'm trying to design a booster (fuel)pump system that will provide added
volume when the boost is greater than 14 psi.

What I'm thinking so far is to use the MAP sensor to trigger a FET/relay
to turn on the second pump, but I'm not really sure I know what levels to
expect out of the MAP.

Anyone have any pump recommendations? I need pump capable of at least 80 psi,
and I would prefer a high volume unit as well.

Also, anybody got any good ideas on how to monitor O2 output at the track?
OTC's are pretty expensive, but the only other method I can think of is a
DMM in max mode.(would get a rich indication anyway) Stoich on GM sensors is
around .4-.45 volts, correct?

Later,

Dig
sdbartho at hwking.cca.rockwell.com