OEM EFI mods?

Gregory A. Parmer Gregory.A.Parmer at acenet.auburn.edu
Sat Jun 25 04:33:55 GMT 1994

>	Mitchell's manuals give better diagrams of things, as well as the
>	manufacturer's service manuals. The tech schools usually get a lot
>	of in-depth info from the man's, but I never could find any ECM
>	diagrams. I wonder if the ECM rebuilders would be any help. They
>	probably have a non-disclosure agreement against that, though.
>
>	What are you trying to adapt?

What I'll be doing should be a simple retrofit of a GM EFI to
an old Camaro.  What exact system I'll start with will depend on price,
availability and the valued opinions of others who've done such
conversions.

I'd really like to know what was happening inside the "black box"
before I install one on my prize and joy.  Buying the commercially
available SW for modifying parameters seems like a terrible copout.

The system will first be installed on a well (over?) cammed 283ci.
A 400 will replace the 283 when she blows, or needs major work, or
when I get my next bonus....whichever comes first.  Adjustability
is an obvious factor for my EFI selection.

I know of people who've done the conversion, but it surprises me that
there aren't writeups available on the net.  I'm hoping this line
of questions will change that, or at least uncover those things that
are available.

And then there's that well kept secret about the format and meaning
of the data of the EPROM......

-greg