Intro

David Studly dstudly at oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu
Thu May 5 18:51:28 GMT 1994

Well, since introductions seem to be the way to go, here's mine.  I'm a CS
major at Ohio University.  I do not have any background with building any
electronic devices, nor am I a great programmer - maybe just lack of
experience.  I suppose you could say I am 'handy' with computers, but from
some of the other intros I've seen in the group, I am at or a below a
beginner's level!

Anyway, I do have a strong understanding of engine performance, and I
understand the basic operation of EFI systems in production cars.  The
advantages of EFI have always fascinated me.  I built my '70 Chevelle from
a 16-second ho-hummer, into a streetable, comfortable, 12-second cruiser.
I also autocross my daily-driven '88 Cavalier in SCCA H-Stock.

As far as platforms go, I would prefer something I can do on either an x86
laptop, or something based on a production car computer, for cost reasons.
 I mostly plan on just reading this list, to see what I can learn.

-David Studly,  dstudly at oucsace.cs.ohiou.edu