6811 for me

John S Gwynne jsg
Thu May 19 01:54:50 GMT 1994

--------

   In message <9405190133.AA15995 at billy.mlb.semi.harris.com> , you write:

|  Would this group try to assign an address space for system variables,
| and standards for a workable EFIbus, and the ideal partitioning of
| hardware and software? Is such a definition something that can become
| consensus, or are needs too disparate?

I support the idea of an 'EFIbus'; but rather than define an address space, I
would prefer to see something more like: !DS0, !DS1..., A0, A1, A2, A3.
Here, each !DSx would be device select lines that mapped into an address
space of 16 (through the address lines A0-A3). Each CPU design could map the
!DSx lines into any locations. The hardware would not care where in the CPU
memory map (or I/O map) that it was located; just that it was selected.

                                       John S Gwynne
                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu