Hot Rod Lawn Mowers

Jeffrey S Armfield armfield at ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Nov 3 20:50:17 GMT 1994

OK, we've got one of these also. A single cylinder air-cooled L-head Kohler
engine with 29 cubic inches displacement. We took a little easier route
when it came to fuel injection. We threw money at it. Had Electromotive whip
up a one-cylinder version of their TEC-1 EFI unit with fuel and spark control.
This setup works GREAT! That is, for our research purposes, it works great.
Using GM manifold pressure, coolant temp, and air temp sensors. Mag pickup with
a 60-2 tooth wheel for timing information. Heated Bosch EGO sensor and Bosch
injector. Injector is P/N 280 150 941. Bosch claims this is a Ford application
but no one I know at Ford has ever been able to confirm that. I'm hoping to
produce our own engine controller this summer as we implement some novel
control algorithm ideas. Oh yea, we've already laid claim to the title
"World's Highest Tech Lawn Tractor Engine".

Jeff Armfield