Small Motor Throttle Bodies

Mark Shaw mark at wdc.sps.mot.com
Fri Nov 4 18:36:26 GMT 1994

> From owner-diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu Fri Nov  4 11:19:52 1994
> From: marrone at optilink.dsccc.com (Frank Marrone)
> Can anyone recommend a small motor throttle body for a carb
> to EFI Do It Yourself project.  The motor in question is a 1.6l
> 4-cylinder.  I might also want musv of the rest of the electronics
> as well.  I would like to find something common (cheap) and
> likely found at a wrecker.

I would recommend finding a Bosch K-Jetronic CIS system from a
1977 - 1984 VW car.  This is really a bullet proof design, fairly simple
to install and fairly self contained.  I bought a complete manifold,
throttle body, fuel flowmeter/distributor, and electronics module for
less than $200 used.  The added fuel punp and accumulator may add another
$100.

The worst part of the installation is the fuel pump circuit (but
this is true of all EFI setups).  The next tricky feature would
be drilling your stock manifold for the injectors.  Bosch has
some good publications on their systems which would give you an
idea of what you need.

Mark