What's the story? / PADS

Steve Baldwin steveb at kcbbs.gen.nz
Sat Nov 5 06:14:19 GMT 1994

> Wouter de Waal wrote:
>
> WW>I found a fairly nice (for shareware) shareware circuit
> WW>drafting / PCB layout package called PADS. Sits on
> WW>Simtel. PC based, sorry John :)
>
> I thought PADS was commercial, not Shareware...  What is the
> deal here?  Is there a simple version of it available for a
> "nominal fee"?

PADS released a shareware version a couple of years ago. It was a
version of the last 16 bit system that they produced with limited
component count in schematic and PCB.
They now sell only 32 bit versions called WORK and PERFORM but the
shareware version is quite usable.
I think the 68k design would exceed the limits of that version but I
haven't tried it.
It's available on Simtel and mirrors.

Steve.