Bosch Mono-Jetronic

Wouter de Waal wrm at aztec.co.za
Mon Nov 14 05:25:00 GMT 1994

Maybe this is not the right place to ask, but I'm taking a chance that
some of you out there has experience with the Bosch Mono-Jetronic. I'm
thinking of fiddling with the one in my wife's Uno, since the car has
trouble starting in the morning etc. The local agents say that the thing
can't be set, but I've noticed that :
1. There's a (tamper-proof) set screw that opens the throttle butterfly
(like an idle speed adjust) This screw is not touching the control arm at
all, which can't be right.

2. There's another screw that adjusts just when the idle switch is activated.

Now the question is, how do I convince the computer _not_ to adjust the
idle speed, so that I can set the butterfly up correctly? Can I just
unplug the idle switch? Secondly, I assume the idle switch has to be
_just_ closed at idle.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Wouter de Waal