EFI68k update and gcc for host=msdos target=m68k-coff available now!

John S Gwynne jsg
Wed Nov 30 04:55:47 GMT 1994

-----

=====================
(1) gcc for EFI68k:

I've rebuilt my software environment for EFI68k using m68k-coff
with the Cygnus gcc patches. This includes:

	gcc-2.6.2 w/Cygnus gcc patches for embedded controllers
	gdb-4.13
	bin-utilities 2.5.2 (gas/ld/ar/as/nm/objdump...)

I've also ported Cygnus's standard C library (newlib-1.6) but have not
fully tested it yet.

glibc-1.09 is out with embedded system support, but it still has a few
bugs. Once it's fixed, it will be an easy port to EFI68k

The next version of EFI68k is drawn up, but I have not had time to
build/test it. The changes worked out nice as now I have everything
need to support the CPU on one 4"x6" board. There will no longer be a
companion board with more memory or CPU related functions. It now has
everything to support every function in RTEM including
clock/calendar/timers...  I now cautiously expect the entire EFI68k
DIY_EFI project will consist of two 4"x6" boards.

=====================

(2) this was posted to one of the news groups:

Subject: gcc for host=msdos target=m68k-coff available now!

| I promised to write a message on this newsgroup when I had it available.
|
| There are now binaries (and the changed source files for anyone interested)
| available via anon. ftp. The binaries are gcc 2.6.0 for djgpp (msdos) host
| and 68000 family embedded target. The ftp address is:
|
| 	ftp.lysator.liu.se in directory /pub/msdos/gnu/gcc-dos-m68k
|
| Read the textfiles in the directory for further information
|
| Have fun!
| /Oskar Enoksson

                                       John S Gwynne
                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu