Processor selection for datalogger

sdbartho at cca.rockwell.com sdbartho at cca.rockwell.com
Mon Oct 3 20:41:08 GMT 1994

>If you have expertise in electronics, why not just
>use some op amp circuits to move the sensor output
>voltages into the range 0-5 volts?

I hate to sound anal, but I want better than .02 resolution. I can
get by with it I guess, but I'd like to have ~10 bit or so. I was
also considering using a switchable reference to use for some of the
sensors that operate in a narrower range.

I also would like more than one "pulse accumulator". I plan on doing
RPM and timing measurements using the stock EST and REF signals, along
with an accumulation of the DRAC/VSS counts. I could implement these
with external counters, but I wanted to keep my parts count as low as
possible.

The processor won't need to do any big number crunching, just basically
poll the sensors and spit the results to the PC. The PC software can
do all the data manipulation.

Is the 6816 code compatible?

Dig
sdbartho at hwking.cca.rockwell.com