GM computers

Jonathan R. Lusky lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
Thu Oct 6 00:29:54 GMT 1994

Ryan A Erickson writes:

> 	Does anyone know of some sources or have some info on GM computers.
> My intentions are to change the intake manifold and cam on a GM 3.1 L V6,
> turbocharge it and throw it in the back of a cheap '84 Fiero.  I would
> also like to be able to adjust as much as possible from the cabin of the
> car (A/F, spark timing, boost, etc?)  Now if one had a lot of money you
> could buy stuff that would do this, but that takes all the fun out of a
> do-it-yourself project.  What I'd like to know is about the different GM
> ECM's, their inputs, their EPROM's, the location of the tables on those
> EPROM's;basically, I'd like to know everything there is to know about GM
> ECM's.

Info on GM proms is consider proprietary by GM and youre going to have
a really hard time find anyone willing to share.  By the questions you
ask it also seems that you've never even bothered to look at any factory
service/emissions manuals for a fuel injected GM vehicle.
I think you'd be much better off with an aftermarket ECM, anyway.

Jonathan R. Lusky                       lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
http://www.edge.net/erc/lusky.html      (615) 455-9915