FW: Processor selection for datalogger

Mike Gruber mgruber at maxwell.ee.washington.edu
Fri Oct 7 05:10:29 GMT 1994

Hi:

	A good way to estimate the maximum pulse width
your injectors will see relies on the following two
facts...

	1. The most fuel injected into the cylinder will
	   be at maximum torque rpm.  You know what that
	   rpm will be.
	2. As mentioned in Jonathan Luskeys post, the
	   duty cycle of the injector has an upper bound
	   of less than 100%.  He said 90%, I've heard
	   80%.  It's in that ballpark, anyway.

	So the widest pulse occurring would be roughly
approximated by .85*(2/max_torque_rpm).

	This is all IMHO, and intended as a way to
*estimate* the pulse width.  I hope it helps.

					Mike Gruber