Injector timing qns.

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.oz.au
Tue Oct 11 01:34:41 GMT 1994

Hi there,
I've got a few questions regarding injector timing:

i/  Does the timing of the injector relative to the timing of
    the intake opening matter much?. IE if you've got the same
    injector on time, but change the 'phase angle' relative to the
    cam, will the power output vary much?

    Rewording, will power output change much between full sequential
    and simultaneous injection, if you assume (as with L-Jetronic)
    that the fuel can "Hang around" in the intake while the valve
    is shut, or for optimum power should the fuel injector only be
    turned on while air is flowing into the engine?

ii/ Does anyone have a graph of fuel flow/minute vs injector duty
    cycle at high RPM. (Concerning injector opening&closing times)

I'm in the process of building a basic analog injection computer so I
can get a feel for how the fuel algorithms work, then put it into a more
elegant microcontroller form (Probably 8051 based)

Cheers,
Craig.