Injector timing qns.

Dale Ulan ulan at ee.ualberta.ca
Thu Oct 13 04:32:31 GMT 1994

> While I'm here, two more questions for comment:
>
> i/  What features does the HC11 have that makes it the 'processor of
>     choice'? A-D, PWM, timers, watchdog, UART, high speed etc?
>     Or is it more because it's an industry standard CPU?

It has just the right peripherals for engine control. It also has
the multiply and divide instructions, which are perfect for engine
control software. Basically, it is the right processor for the job...
and it's available. The 68F333 would be better, but good luck getting
any...

It has a UART, SPI (sync. serial), an 8-channel timer (3 ins, 5 outs),
8 channels of 8-bit A-D, and an on-board watchdog. As expected, some
on-board RAM, some on-board EEPROM, and usually lots of space for external
EPROM or Flash.
I favor the 68HC11F1 version, since I have always been able to buy that
one.

-Dale