Frequency to Voltage Conversion: how?

Dan Bocek dan at di.com
Tue Sep 6 18:20:36 GMT 1994

> MAP and BP sensors apparently do not return voltage as output.  Instead
> the oscillate at a frequency which corresponds to the absolute pressure.
> What electronics are involved with frequency to voltage conversion?

While it is true that some airflow measuring techniques have a frequency
output (the Karmen-vortex sensor, as used on a lot of Mitsubishi cars,
comes to mind, although its output is pulse width modulated, so all you
have to do is low pass filter the output to get DC) I've never heard of
a MAP sensor outputting AC.  Where did you get this info?

--

                                                    Dan Bocek
                                                    dan at di.com