FW: software organization...

Ciciora Steve sciciora at al.noaa.gov
Wed Sep 7 15:01:35 GMT 1994

John writes:
--------

   For those of you interested in the software aspect of DIY_EFI, take a
look at the uC/OS real-Time multitasking kernel (ftp.uu.net in
vendor/microplex/pub). I'm porting this to my 68000 board and it looks
like it will simplify the timing problem associated with the sampling of the
various sensors. For example, it can be setup to sample the coolant sensor
once every minute, the air inlet temp once every second, and calculate
injector duration every 100mS. The kernel manages the timing and priority of
the process for you.

                                       John S Gwynne
                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu

John,
  This sounds like the kernal I've seen on the Motorola BBS for the 6811.  Is
it?  Since you will be porting it (from what, if not the 6811), I assume you
will soon understand it pretty well.  I've been meaning to check out real time
kernals for some time, but they have always seem to be a little over my head or
require a C compiler.  When you understand it a little better, could you give
us a breif overview?  How much overhead does it require (size/time)?
  Thanks for helping keeping the project rolling!
- Steven Ciciora