FW: Frequency to Voltage Conversion: how?

Frank Marrone marrone at optilink.dsccc.com
Thu Sep 8 02:44:45 GMT 1994

> measurements -- both are easy to do in real-time (keep in mind that
> "real-time" in a automotive engine control environment is about 10
> samples/second).

This reminds me of a question I have always wondered about DIY EFI (and DLI
as well) and perhaps this is the answer but I'll speak my question out loud
anyway;

What sort of aquisition/output update rate is required to eliminate errors
due to the acceleration (+/-) of the motor internals?  It seems that many
high-po engines could accelerate at a rate that would make data at a 10sps
rate kind of useless.  If the the 10sps rate is just for MAP I guess I
could buy it since air as a mass has inertia and all but what about ignition?

How often are you required to sense crank position to eliminate acceleration
errors for spark control? Other supervisory/control tasks?

P.S. With reference to the smart supply: It might be that I am volenteering
but I just got back from vacation and I need to think about the specs you
posted before I get in too deep.  I am still reverse engineering a knock box
for someone and while it is very interesting I do have my own projects I would
like to get started as well.

Frank Marrone at marrone at optilink.dsccc.com
1965 Sunbeam Tiger B9471116