sensor vendors

Jonathan R. Lusky lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
Thu Sep 8 12:41:23 GMT 1994

Dan Bocek writes:

> There seems to have been a lot of talk about what type of sensors are
> needed for an EFI system, but not much about where to get them (aside
> from the junk yard - tough to get data on those!).  I need a cheap
> pressure transducer (prefferably PC board mountable) that can measure
> 0 to ~45 psi absolute pressure and that can stand up to the high
> tempurature of turbocharged whipped up air and to the dissolving effect of
> the occasional gasoline/oil/hydrocarbon molecule that's bound to fly
> through it every now and then.  I've seen plenty of adds for this type of
> transducer in "Sensor" magazine, but they're all designed for industrial
> applications, and are a coupla hundred bucks apiece!  Where does the
> automotive industry buy their sensors?  How do you buy stuff from Bosch
> directly?

I don't know the exact part number  you need, but the part you want is
made by Motorola and its in one of their books (don't remember which
on).  Designed to be mounted on a PC board, think they have models
that go to 200psi, and its cheap, too if i remember right.  My
Stewart-Stevenson GFI's controller had three of them on the board (one
for rail pressure, one for MAP, one for atmospheric.)

Jonathan R. Lusky  --  lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
 "Turbos are nice but I'd rather be blown!"
    68 Camaro Convertible - 350 / TH350
       80 Toyota Celica - 20R / 5spd