sensor vendors

Bohdan.L.Bodnar at att.com Bohdan.L.Bodnar at att.com
Thu Sep 8 14:00:23 GMT 1994

Dan,

An aftermarket Ford MAP sensor costs about $75 -- Tomco "manufactures" them.
Locally, the Giant Auto chain carries tons of Tomco gear.  My experience is
that it's of a high quality.  Tomco stuff is also carried by parts jobbers
(with a hefty price increase...).

For a printed circuit board mounted MAP sensor, the closest I can think
of is Chrysler's MAP sensors that were used in the mid 1980s (discontinued
because of vacuum hose routing reliability problems).  This is an analog
output device.

If you end up obtaining a Ford MAP/BMAP sensor (same device, for all practical
purposes) and want the pressure/frequency relationship, send me e-mail.

Bohdan
bohdan.l.bodnar at att.com