mp kernel

John S Gwynne jsg
Thu Sep 8 19:02:25 GMT 1994

--------

   In message <199409081626.JAA20941 at pine.cse.nau.edu> , you write:

| John, is the reconfigured gcc available for our use?

In what sense ?
All of the GNU "stuff" is available to everyone, and we are free to distribute
it as long as we do not violate the GNU license. (which basicly says the
source must be included in any distribution...)

| I've been using that damnable small C compiler and I hate writing BASIC
| structured C. Small C doesn't recognize functions, dontchaknow.

Doesn't recognize function, what good is it ?!  GCC is a ANSI C compiler. It
support every thing in the standard. It fully supports function calls along
with the ability to link object modules. Actually, GCC generate assembly that
GAS compiles. Then the GNU loader "puts it all together".  Keep in mind that
the FSF dose not support the 68HC11. You may need your own assembler and
linker for that chip, but I see those "all over" the net (I haven't built the
68hc11 version yet). With the 68000, it all fits together and works nicely.

                                       John S Gwynne
                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu