admin: back on line...

John S Gwynne jsg
Fri Sep 23 02:24:22 GMT 1994

   In message <m0qnvHv-000uGsC at twisto.eng.hou.compaq.com> , you write:

| | Coulomb is back after its short stay at Jefferson Proving Ground, and the
| | DIY_EFI mailing is back on line.
| |
| | FYI, I used my 68000 with a shaft encoder to provide "fall-back" positional
| | data incase the GPS system failed. It programmed easily and worked well. I
| | look forward to "putting it under the hood."
|
| John -- I didn't realize GPS was required for an engine management system.
| Sounds interesting.  Please elaborate.  I assume you are referring to the
| 'Global Positioning System'.

ok... That's what a week at JPG will do to you... Of course I mean putting
the CPU portion *only* under the hood... the GPS goes in the trunk. :)
I suppose one could use differential GPS to calculate 1/4 mile times,
torque, horsepower, etc... hum...  $$$$$$ :-O

(During the past week this computer and I were hunting for un-exploded
ordinance (UXO) using ground penetrating radar (GPR). The GPS was used in this
system for positional data to form focused radar images. I used the m68k
as stated above as a "quick and dirty" means of getting addition real time
positional data incase the GPS failed. It will not be part of the DIY_EFI
system.)

I'll be gone for a few days to recover from the trip. (I'm going to put a
new Summers Brothers Dana 60 rear axle into my Jeep :) :) ). The list
will be on "autopilot" till Wed or so...

For those using a m68k or CPU32 cpu, you may wish to subscribe to crossgcc
(send: "subscribe crossgcc" to "majordomo at prosun.first.gmd.de"). This mailing
list is dedicated to embedded applications. I've been
reading it for several weeks now and have seen some good leads on kernels
and stand-alone C-libraries. Apparently, glibc-1.08.8 will include
embedded target support. I'll post when I have more details....

                                       John S Gwynne
                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu