EFI for a Mini

Jim Buchanan c22jrb at kopt0002.delcoelect.com
Fri Apr 21 20:39:33 GMT 1995

[...]
> Does anyone have any ideas on which current fuel injection systems could
> be modified to run on a 1400cc Mini engine, and then remapped for it?
>
> Giles
> Durham/Hexham UK

Well, it's not quite EFI (it uses a really slick mechanical fuel metering
system), but I'd consider getting the Bosch K-Jetronic system from a
1500/1600cc VW Rabbit/Golf engine. I'd just buy the entire vehicle if
possible, one with a rusted out body and running engine might cost you less
than the individual parts at a junkyard.

It's a very nice system, quite dependable and adapts _very_ well to
performance mods on a VW, so it seems a likely candidate for a swap to
another engine. I've been thinking of adapting it to an air-cooled VW at
some point in the future.

Good luck!

Jim Buchanan        c22jrb at kopt0002.delcoelect.com     jbuchana at holli.com
"Kid, have you rehabilitated yourself?" -Arlow Guthrie