EFI for a Mini

Don Gossink don at spri.levels.unisa.edu.au
Wed Apr 26 00:17:23 GMT 1995

>There is a certian amount of this done in the casting.   I suspect that the
>uneven mixture distribution in the siamesed head is mostly due to manifold
>wetting.  Given an injector spraying in about the right direction should
>overcome this.

"Tuning BL A series engine", David points out that the single carb feeding
the siamese head has flow problems (Scotty would say I can no change the laws
of physics Jim, anyway he goes further to say your twin carbs will overcome this
problem and subsequently you pick up an easy 6Hp in a 1000cc and obviously more
for the march larger engines.

I seem to recall I contributed to an earlier discussion (perhaps it was Andrei
who raised the question earlier) anyway I did give a rough diagram of how injectors
should be placed and reasions why, mainly relating to swirl. I don't have the time
to reproduce this but anyway who has a copy may want repost this.

For those who aren't aware, SU's are no longer in manufacture so all minis
produced now are EFI based, MiniSport in the U.K. do a computer module
which squezes more powerout of the original EFI system (Rover use the same board
over theircar range). Yet after talking to them, you still seem to pick up a
lot more power by using the Weber-Alpha injection system ( yet it is very
expensive).

anyway gotta dash

Don