Engine dyno for EFI project

Jeffrey Giberstein Jeffrey.Giberstein at Dartmouth.EDU
Mon Aug 7 17:42:50 GMT 1995

We were looking into building our own dyno here at Dartmouth, too, but aborted
when we figured that someone might get hurt and one of the local farm equipment
rental places lent us a tractor dyno (cool!).

Someone recommended that you call Superflow to look into what they've got...
they're real nice and helpful over there if you just need info but if you
haven't got 20G's to lay down, they won't have any equipment for you.  I think
your best bet is to check out Stutska for a water brake.  I think their brakes
start around $1500 and I know they've been around a long time cause one of my
profs had a Stutska in the 60's.  Their # is 303-762-0553.

some other dyno companies are:

Dynamic Test: 415-856-7676

Dyno Lab: 206-243-8877

Go-Power: 214-446-2046

I think go-power has some more economically priced stuff, too.

Good luck & keep me posted on what you discover!

Jeff