Engine dyno for EFI project

Brandon L. Walters blw6870 at jackson.freenet.org
Tue Aug 8 00:35:03 GMT 1995

I have imagined such a project myself. I saw an article a few years back
which described a portable dyno for military use. Rather than a water
brake, they used a large blower, with adjustable vanes on it. There was
intake from both sides, outlet at the top. That way it wouldn't try to
walk around.

I also wondered, for tuning work, if a small trailer with a computer
controlled brake in it could be pulled.  Upon reaching a steady speed, the
computer would ease the brake on, while the operator tried to maintain
speed. Only for manual transmissions, I guess.

Brandon