O2 sensor led meter

DAVE MORRILL HPL DESIGN ENG 207-775-8574 dmorrill%spf.dnet at gpo.nsc.com
Thu Aug 17 13:06:27 GMT 1995

A bunch of people have expressed interest in a simple O2 meter, the chip you
need is National Semiconductor's LM3914 (you can get this from Digikey and I
think Radio Shack), 10 led's or one of the LED arrays that you can also get
from the Shack or Digikey, and a couple of resistors.  You can cascade two of
them if you want more display range.

Check National's Linear Application Specific IC's databook.  I would be willing
to scan in the schematic and give some tips on how to hook this up, wld
poscript format be best?  Maybe post it on diy_efi... It will take me a couple
of days to get this done.

Someone needs to give me the typical O2 sensor ranges, I think it is
 from 0v to 1 with 0.5 being stoic?  It's easy to set the display range, the
datasheet goes into much detail on how to do this.

Best,
	Dave.