Diagnosing Quad 4 ECU problem

Jay Fletcher fletcher at afrserver.arc.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 23 19:15:42 GMT 1995

I have an '89 Cutlass Calais with a Quad 4 which is having idle speed
control fits at the moment. I would like to learn how to dump the error
codes from the ECU so I can diagnose the problem. I have only worked
with Ford's EEC-IV in the past though, so I am clueless where to begin
with the Olds.

Does anyone on this list have documentation on the procedures and codes
that they could email to me? Otherwise, can you refer me to an Oldsmobile
mailing list or other net resource?

I'm not on this list any longer, so please reply directly. Thank you.

Jay