Cheap, small, simple injector.

Dixon Cole dcole at austin.ibm.com
Mon Aug 28 20:33:55 GMT 1995

I'm looking for an injector small enough for single cylinder (600cc) motorcycle
use.  Preferrably easy-to-plumb (no weirdo fuel rail or special mounting boss)
with low current draw.   Does anyone have specs on something of this nature?
Something available through auto-parts stores would be really nice! 8-)

>From the DIY-EFI WWW pages and Bruce's injector computer, I used:

300 cid ~= 600cc/cylinder
80% v.e.
8000 rpm
sequential injection.

Gives me a 33 lb/hr injector.  What bearing does fuel pressure have
on these figures?

Also, has anyone used the Motorola MPX-nnnn series of pressure transducers
for MAP duty?  I've been thinking that their 29psi differential unit would
suffice, but not sure about vibration, heat, etc.  I can make a SWAG based
on the sensor data, but experimental data would be nice.

info appreciated!
thanx,
Dixon