Developing an Engine Control System Part 1 of 3

Zublin, Bryan (SD-MS) BZUBLIN at PO2.GI.COM
Thu Aug 31 19:16:21 GMT 1995

The part 1 article is in the September issue.  I saw it in the bookstore
last night.  BZ
 ----------
From: owner-diy_efi-outgoing
To: efi332
Cc: diy_efi
Subject: Developing an Engine Control System Part 1 of 3
Date: Wednesday, August 30, 1995 7:22AM

  Well, Ed Lansinger beat me to it.  He wrote the article I wanted to
(I'm not sure that I could have, anyway).  In the latest Circuit Cellar
Ink, the first of a three part seriese on developing a 68hc16 based EFI
system, used in a Formula SAE car.  He does a good job going over he
calculated injector size, how he calculated the fuel map, etc.  He used a
TIP120 transistor to drive a 12 ohm injector directly, with no diodes.
Driven directly from a TTL bit.
  I'm impressed with the article, and look foward to the rest of his
series.  He is the first one I've seen that has actually built an EFI
system and is willing to share it.
  Oh, ya.  It's for a 70 hp, 600cc high rpm motor-cycle engine.  He runs
two banks of two spark plugs and injectors (simultaneous double fire,
rather than sequential).

Circuit Cellar Ink: (800) 269-6301

Ed Lansinger: lansie at rpi.edu
"Ed Lansinger is a computer and systems engineer who worked on the
Cadillac Northstar powertrain control software, cofounded an industrial
software company, and does consulting.  He has returned to Rensselaer
Polytechnic Institute for graduate studies and is forming a team there to
build an electric race car."

 -Steven Ciciora