When is too big to big

Doug Robson doug at cia.com.au
Fri Dec 1 01:21:47 GMT 1995

Bruce, thanks for your reply
I looked at your formula last week . Could you define the injector size
pound? variable plse, i always think in cc/min at full open. Is yours
pounds of fuel per something. At what pressure.

Yes I have changed about everything.

Can you confirm this proposition.
Assuming a CO exhaust anaylser is representing all four cylinders
equally.( and i pretty sure it is as we had the motor at 4000 rpm at
medium load and by cutting each spark we lost equal power at dyno)

If you get a CO reading between 4.5% and 5.1% at all loads and RPM above
4000 then the following is also true.
	1.	The Coils OK
	2.	The Fuel Pump is OK
	3.	The Spark is OK
	4.	The Fuel Volume is OK

or in another way if a motor is hurling away at 8000 RPM at Wide Open
Throttle and CO is 4.8% ( and this what i ran it at when the carbys were
on) is the lack of airflow the major determinant of the power loss or
can CO be misleading. I may have to shrink myself to the size of a pea,
stand next to the vale seat , and measure the airspeed with a whistle.

regards

--
Doug Robson	Sydney 	Australia
doug at cia.com.au				| Thank God for

Club Car Racing Register of NSW		|    Gravity
1992/93 Under 2 litre State Champion	|