68HC11 and MAF sensor

J.W. Harris jwharris at holli.com
Sat Dec 2 13:52:52 GMT 1995

 My second question why do they convert to freq, just using
>the 0 to 5 volts output
>would be easier wouldn't it.

using 8 an bit a/d probably wouldn't give enough resolution.  The noisy
environment would make it difficult to use a higher resolution a/d
effectively.  absolute accuracy is also a problem because of unit to unit
a/d and wiring variability.
J.W. Harris                                          Delco Electronics Corp.
Project Engineer                                     One Corporate Center
Powertrain Electronics                               M.S. CT40C
                                                     Kokomo, IN 46904-9005
jwharris at kocrsv01.delcoelect.com

Of course, all responses are my own and should not be mistaken for those of
Delco Electronics or General Motors.