EST

thomas walter x5955 walter at roadster.sps.mot.com
Mon Dec 11 22:26:40 GMT 1995

Egg on my face.... not only did I MIX UP my math on that,
I also did not answer it as Steve requested. Sorry about
that... ;-)

> formula for convering mS to degrees at a given RPM

   Rev        Minute       s          360 degrees      6       degrees
   ------   * ------  * --------- *   ------------  =  -----------
   Minute      60 s      1000 ms            rev         1000   ms

degrees per millisecond = RPM * 0.006

so at 8000 RPM, that is 48.0 degrees per millisecond.
       600 RPM, that is  3.6 degrees per millisecond.

[Thanks to John and Anothony for spotting such a mistake...
 I am much better at hiding them in obscure C calls. Then
 I wouldn't have a chance of getting it past John. ;-)]

I'll stick to doing math in radians. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom "140Hz is just another way of saying 8,400 rpm" Walter

> quick check:
> at 8,000 RPM   =  370ms/Degree   (sounds about right. ;-)
                                    OPPS, no it doesn't!!!!! ;-(