All the EST

MTaylorfi at aol.com MTaylorfi at aol.com
Fri Dec 15 02:01:15 GMT 1995

Now please don't get me wrong, but what is the point of going so ape over an
EST.  Top fuelers are using Magnetos and runnin' fours.  I see all kind of
rails at Bandimere speedway (1/4 mile track) that have either stock
electronic or minimumly modified ignition and the're runnin' sevens.  My
point is why spend the time, effort and money to design something that won't
do better that what is out there (cost and performance).  I'm not tryin' to
be a pessimist, but can someone show me actual quicker quarter mile times or
dyno tests.
     If someone has a unique engine, I can see the custom setup.  And also
delay spark for detonation control.  But there is a certain point of
advancing an engine's timing to get maximum performance.  Any more advance
and you loose power!!!
     Just pointin' out the forest, since some people are stairin' at trees.

See ya,

Mike

PS Let the comments begin.