Hi ! Just joined the list......

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au dzorde at aesprodata.com.au
Tue Dec 19 08:39:39 GMT 1995

     This is great, common replies to the main system is much easier than
     answering everyone seperately.

     First of all, for those who don't know, a HQ Monaro (4 door) is
     probably the equivalent of a 73' Camaro, in fact I think GMH may have
     got a lot of design help from GM.

     Anyway, I haven't fitted it yet, but hope to have it all done by mid
     Jan 96 (have to wait for my holidays).

     I chose the Wolf 3D system, basically because it was cheaper than the
     others like Motec, Haltec, Injec, EMC, etc. etc. etc.

     They basically all have the same features, fuel mapping, ignition
     mapping (usually only on the more expensive versions), throttle
     injector cut off when cranking, accelerator enrichment, barometric
     pressure compensation, injector current control, air temp
     compensation, MAP or TPS sensing, cranking fuel rate, rev limiter,
     cold enrichment, staged injection, turbo facility, post start
     enrichment, EFI pump shut down.

     Basically, unlike most others where a lap top is required to program
     the computer, this system has a remote hand piece with 4 line 16 char
     LCD and a number of buttons that lets you do all the programming.
     Multiple programs can be set up so that you can instantly change to
     them while you drive by selecting a new program from the hand piece.
     The hand piece can be removed if not required, but it does display a
     number of useful things while you drive, RPM, injector pulse width,
     air temp, water temp, mixture indicator, throttle position, manifold
     vacuum, voltage, etc.

     I don't think it is any better than the other brands, apart from the
     analogue systems, except that is is cheaper.  All the features are
     basically the same.  I hope this has explained everything.

     Dan        dzorde at aesprodata.com.au