Getting started on EFI

robert dingli r.dingli at ee.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Dec 20 23:34:29 GMT 1995

John Giles asks,

> I have a macroscopic understanding of EFI and would like to understand
> it in a more detail before I start blowing lots of coin on manifolds,
> sensors, and electronics so could someone please recommend a good book
> that I could read to get started. Maybe something like EFI for
> dummies -)

Bosch have released a very good book on automotive electronics which
covers most of their efi systems from the early K-Jetronic to the later
Motronic.  I can't remember the exact title, but it is something simple
like "Automotive Electronics" and has a red plastic cover.  It is
available from the SAE (at least locally).

Robert Dingli

             Robert Dingli           r.dingli at ee.mu.oz.au

Power and Control Systems                 Thermodynamics Research Lab
Electrical Engineering                    Mechanical Engineering
   (+613) 9344 7966                          (+613) 9344 6728
  University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3052, Victoria, AUSTRALIA