MGB

Peter Wales pjwales at magicnet.net
Fri Dec 22 21:06:24 GMT 1995

I'm looking and listening.

I'm not awfully familiar with the MGB head. Is 5 port = 2 siamesed inlets
and 1 siamesed exhaust with 2 independant exhausts?

Are we on twin carbs here?

if so, then replace the carbs with injectors and use two injectors only like
the Mitsubishi Starion system. In fact that may be a good system to adapt as
it uses a Kharman (sp) vortex air meter off boost and a seperate ignition
system. Just stick with the air meter and modify the bypass tubes to adjust
the mixture close and then there is a mixture adjuster to fine tune it.
Leave the electronics alone.

If you want to make your own, then all you need to do is to fit cpu
controlled mono to the injectors and cycle them. the injectors need to be
sized to supply enough fuel for 2 cylinders at full power. The CPU would
only provide environmental correction sucjh as battery voltage, water
temperature etc and the mono would give fixed pulses when everything was
"normal" The pulse rate would increase as the air flow increased. Then you
could tune the CPU as other things needed doing.eg new cam.

Just some ideas, try them on for size. If they don't fit, give me a hard
time and I'll come up with more.

Peter Wales
President Superchips Inc
Chairman Superchips Ltd        "Timing is everything"