General question

Fred Miranda fcmefi at fishnet.net
Sat Dec 23 04:55:11 GMT 1995

>Jim,
>
>You're right about the Electromotive priceing policy...Hardware
OK..Software TOOOOOO expensive for what you get...I also looked into the
DFI/Accel/Mr. Gasket system and was shocked at how little information they
send with their system. No wiring diagrams, pin-outs, nothing!!!  The guy I
talked to, at Accel, said I would have to make my own by tracing the wiring
harness that came with the unit...

>Other than that, how do you like your system??
>Orin Harding - Greensboro, NC
>('74 MGB-GT - '79 MGB Roadster - '95 3000GT, BRG of course!)

Orin:

With the MG I would recomend going with a sequential system, pref one with
variable inj timing to help with fuel distribution.
I wouldn't go with the Electomotive sequential as I don't think it is properly
integrated into their standard system. ie you must use high impedence injectors.
from what I remember the DFI sequential box is $2k or so, but no variable inj
timing.
I just got my Elan running on an Autronic SMC system. It's a very powerfull
and well thought out system and costs about the same as a sequential TEC.
Installation is a bit more involved though as there are 2 eng pos sensors,
coil(S) and coil driver(S) to install. I used 2 Eclypse coils but it will
drive 1-4 coil drivers. Another tool that might be really usefull on the "B"
is the ability to vary inj flow from cyl to cyl varying amounts at different
loads and rpm.

Fred