Hello

Jack Alford toy4x4 at ro.com
Wed Dec 27 19:11:10 GMT 1995

Hello All !

I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Jack Alford
and I live in Decatur, AL. My current Fi project is an attempt
to put a GM TBI unit on my little 4cyl. 22R Toyota motor in my
4wheel drive pickup.  Before you tell me, I know Toyota has
later model truck engines with EFI but they use a sortof TPI which won't
work on the higher compression head/piston setup that I am using,
without ALOT of expensive head modification ....

I have *mentally* conquered most of the obstacles for completing
this swap except figuring out what to do about my distributor.
The wiring diagrams for the vehicle that I got my TBI unit
out of show four wires going from the ECM or coil, can't remember
now, to the distributor.  Any ideas ??

Oh yeah, my donor vehicle is an '88 S-10 w 2.5L engine, it's about
the same size motor as my 4cyl toyota and the TBI unit
is of the one-barrel variety ...

Any and all info. appreciated ...

 - jack alford ==> toy4x4 at ro.com --> Decatur, AL