User Friendly Interface

Zublin, Bryan (SD-MS) BZUBLIN at PO2.GI.COM
Thu Dec 28 23:19:00 GMT 1995

Jim wrote:
> If not, I'll be more than willing to allow the use of the GUI package
> I'm developing for the Bosch World ... I designed it to be a COMPLETELY
> OPEN system (work for ANY type of box) which is why it has taken FIVE
> times longer to code than I had anticipated ...

> You'd have to develop your own config tables to make it run for YOUR app,
> but the user interface is there (almost ;)

This is an excellent plan.  Make the programming software compatible with
many types of EFI boxes.  That way, when new / cheaper hardware is
available, the transition from one setup to the next will be relatively
easy.  Being a hardware engineer, I find that designing the hardware for the
EFI computer (microcontroller, etc) to be straightforward, not too
expensive, and relatively quick.  It's the *programming* that will take so
much time.  This includes the actual EFI algorithms, the protocol, and the
host software (GUI interface).  Not to mention the tuning for each
particular engine.

Developing a good GUI interface that becomes widely used (bug free) and that
is public domain will be an incredible asset to the DIY EFI world.  This is
key.

Bryan Zublin
bzublin at gi.com