User Friendly Programming Interface

Land Shark lndshrk at xmission.com
Fri Dec 29 06:19:28 GMT 1995

Guys,

I thought I would let you know what it will and will not do, as designed ...

First off, it is Windows GUI and if I want to I can add a custom control to do nice
nifty 3D graph editing ... BUT .. having actually TRIED to edit a Graph in 3D, I have
currently set it up to edit the data in a "flat" state as a checkerboard of "real world"
values ... If there is enough clamor ... I guess I can go buy a nifty 3D control if everyone
is that hot on the function ..

Secondly .. the system is designed to edit binary images (of EPROMS and/or EEPROMS) and will
be interfaced to a brand (or two) of EPROM EMULATOR to allow tuning a car while it is running
If someone knows of a resonable priced emulator that has windows DLL's or drivers and can
tie into MS Visual Basic (4.0) let me know, and I'll add support for that device!!

If there is a serial link to the EFI332, we can probably tie in some support for that too, since
VB 4.0 has a nice serial link custom control built in ....

Lastly .. while the interface is TABLE DRIVEN, the internal logic for MAP "styles" other than
standard BOSCH 2 and 3D maps is not their .. if you have a map type you know of, and you wish
to have it supported ... send me some technical data ..

Jim