Undeliverable Message

MAILER-DAEMON at seb.varian.com MAILER-DAEMON at seb.varian.com
Fri Dec 29 18:51:09 GMT 1995

To:            <diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu>
		 <DIY_EFI at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Subject:       Re: Hack thought for MAS system???

Message not delivered to recipients below.  Press F1 for help with VNM
error codes.

	VNM3036:  david atchley at m2000@tfs_bldg_6
>I would like to enter a secondary air source down stream from the MAS
>so more air is entered into the system which will be unmetered.  As I
>see it the vaccum from the engine will pull from both air sources at
>the same rate at any given r.p.m.

Most MAF sensors I've seen output 0 to 5 volts as a function of
air-flow. You could just tack some electronics in the output line
that divided the output signal down so say 5v from the MAF get's
transmitted to the ECO as 4.0v for example. i.e stick a divider on
the input signal to the ECU. This would increase the amount of air
the MAF could flow before the ECU pulled the plug.

>To compensate for the lean
>condition(s) that would result I would install larger injectors. I
>think a larger injector would provide more fuel at a given pulse width
>thereby compensating for the extra airflow.

You could save on the new injectors and just jack up the fuel rail
pressure to create the extra flow for a given p/w.

>  Now how bad would the pre
>programed fuel curves handle this setup?  I can see the ECU able to
>compensate for a idle and minor fuel difficientsies by input from the
>O2 sensor.

Closed loop idle and closed loop running is where I'd see it all
falling down. The adaptive values learnt may be so large that they
could hit the max/min adaptive value clips and so cause the ECU to
believe that the HEGO(s) had failed.

Brian Warburton,   "Still searching for the perfect curve....."
email: bwarb at turbo.win-uk.net
                               Advanced Automotive Electronics Ltd,
                               Van-Nuys House, Scotlands Drive,
                               Farnham Common, England.  SL2-3ES