DIY_EFI Vendor List

Mark Boxsell mrb at mail.mpx.com.au
Sat Dec 30 14:16:38 GMT 1995

>Yesterday I posted this list but failed to convert it to a .txt file from
the .doc file.  Here it is again, as a txt file, and appologies to all for
the mess I sent yesterday..

>After Market EFI Systems
>
>1. Electromotive, Inc., 14004-J Willard Road, Chantilly, VA  22021
>    (703) 378-2444 - (TEC II)
>2. Haltec
>3. Digital Fuel Injection (DFI), 37732 Hills Tech Drive, Farmington Hills,
MI  48024
>    Makes system sold by Mr. Gasket as the Accel system
>4. Emtech (Australia)
>5. NOS/EFI Tech
>6. Edelbrock
>7. Holley, 11955 E. Nine Mile Rd., Warren, MI  48089-2003
>8. Mr. Gasket, 8700 Brookpark Rd., Cleveland, OH  44129
>    (216) 398-8300 Contact: Mark Hamel x488 (Accel/DFI)
>9. Microtech (Australia)
>
>                                            TEC II    Haltec    DFI/Accel
Holley        Edelbrock
>Cost w/sensors                     1,200      1,500       1,300
600-1000
>Software cost                      200-500       inc          inc
>Prog. offline                            yes                         no
>Map fuel                                 yes         yes          yes
no
>Inj. drivers                               4             8             4
>Seq. inj.                                 avail        no          avail
>Idle control                            IAC         no           IAC
>Data Logging                        avail       yes           yes
># fuel maps by RPM                 8                           16
>Prog. points ea. RPM               8                             8
>Total prog. points                   64                           256
>Warm-up Map                        yes         yes            yes
>Speed Density                         yes         yes            yes
>Mass air flow                         avail         no            no
>EGO - Closed loop                 yes                           yes
>Ignition control                      yes                           yes
>Ign. amp (IE MSD) needed      no                          yes
>Ign Map points                        64                          128
>Detonation sensor                   yes                          yes Orin
Harding - Greensboro, NC
>('74 MGB-GT - '79 MGB Roadster - '95 3000GT, BRG of course!)

A correction to your list.

Haltec is actually Haltech.
Also Emtech (Australian owned) is the US arm of Haltech. Haltech is an
Australian invention.
The story goes: In Australia......
                Invent Engineering Pty Ltd. (Patent holders).
                trading as EFI Technology (in Australia).
                (This has NOTHING to do with EFI Techology in LA except
                Graham Western thought it was a good name !!)
                Haltech was always a brand name not a company name
                although phone may have been answered "Haltech" in the USA
                for marketing reasons.
                Recently trading name in Australia changed to Haltech only for
                marketing reasons however no actual change to the company.

                EFI (Haltech) are in Sydney Australia.
                Phone (02)525 2400
                Fax   (02)525 2991  (International 61 2 525 2991 )

     Address:   Unit 7
                130 Taren Point Road
                Taren Point   2229
                Sydney